(1) Explore the following areas by means of multidisciplinary research:
- Behavioral traits of human morality, aesthetic appreciation and language.
- Neural correlates of cognitive processes related to human morality, aesthetic appreciation and language.
- Study of the above mentioned traits in psychopathological conditions such as schizophrenia and autism.
- Taxonomic classification of hominids and hominoids depending on their philogenetic relations and adaptative characteristics.
- Group behaviour dynamics in humans and other primates.
(2) Offer a postgraduate education centred in the specialization in the above mentioned areas, with the following characteristics:
- Programmes with Mention of Quality of the Spanish government
- Emphasis on interdisciplinary research collaboration
- High degree of participation of the students
- Establishment of international relations
- Continuous development of research related skills